.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Grrrr

I'm on a message board for moms, and there was a post from a woman about starting to try for her 2nd baby. She had her first no problem, but now is having issues with the second. I replied and have been keeping track of the thread and her updates to see how things were going.

So maybe it's the fact that it's 3:49 in the morning and I've been up for over an hour with a teething child, but the following reply kinda, no REALLY, ticked me off.

im in my second month of trying for number 2. Its not been easy because apparently my old infertility problems have come back to haunt me and I dont have the $$$ for clomid. I guess that means back to the bedroom........i mean, back to the drawing board for me!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!

Now, I will be the first to say that Clomid isn't cheap... but it's a heck of a lot less expensive than a kid! If you can't afford the Clomid, how on earth would you afford the kid? How exactly is she planning on paying for diapers? Or if she needs formula?

Am I crazy here????

I'm not sure this one needs much explanation for why it upset me...

My husband and I are trying to have our 2nd child. We have a healthy and happy baby boy who is 8 months and a joy come true. We had him right +after we got married, so we would like to have another one close in age. PLease be patient and relax, you body will know when its time.

The woman she is replying to has a diagnosed short luteal phase, which means she needs help getting pregnant- yes, it could happen on it's own, but it isn't likely. Telling her to "be patient and relax" is just asinine.

No comments: