.

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Smoke & Fog

So last week the Denver area was covered in fog... fog like most around these parts have never seen. A fog that rivals (though in my mind doesn't beat) some of the best of east coast fog. I believe that was Thursday morning. Friday night, the inside of our house looked very similar- but didn't quite smell as good.

I had gone to bed at 8:30 with an agreement with the hubby that I was going to get to sleep- THE WHOLE NIGHT! The monitor was nicely moved to his side of the bed, and he was going to do baby duty every shift. In return, I was going to reciprocate tonight. At 10:21, my dreams were shattered. I was abrutly woken up by the smoke detectors- but I couldn't quite figure out what was going on right away. Apparently, there was a pot on the stove that was supposed to be boiling pacifiers but well, it kinda was forgotton about... and the water melted... and such a sight I have never seen.

The child? The child slept right through it. We managed to get the smoke cleared enough after about 15 minutes that the smoke detectors stopped going off. Then we realized that we weren't really comfortable letting Brody sleep in the fumes, and what was destined to be a very cold night of trying to air things out. So we threw minimal things in a bag and were off to my parent's house.

Luckily when we got home, it wasn't that bad, and I think once I get all the blankets and other things that soaked up the smoke washed, it won't be too bad.

(OH- and the news is posted on the other site.)

No comments: