.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Out of the closet

Matt, my mom, and I started the South Beach diet yesterday. If you ever want to know just how much you are addicted to carbs- try to go a day without them. Geesh! The hardest parts for me were when I was feeding Brody. It's so natural to touch his food to my lips to see if it's too hot- or to lick my fingers if something gets on them. Not to mention, I realize what I am missing- feeding him yogurt and manderine oranges- it's HARD.

Matt wasn't too pleased to be eating lettuce sandwiches for lunch instead of bread. We are constantly reminding ourselves that it's only two weeks, and that as evil as it may be for these two weeks, the payoff will be worth it.

I wasn't going to mention it here- I figured that way if it didn't work out, then nobody would know. But I figured if I did write about it, it made us more accountable. So there ya go. I promise I'm not turning this into a diet blog- but there may be mention of it for awhile. Hopefully it will be touting how wonderful it is going, and how easy it got after the first few days.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

My husband did the SBD two years ago, and although the first two weeks were killer, once you move past that stage, it gets a lot easier. And he lost almost 50 pounds. Now, he did gain some of it back since then, but for him, at least, it worked really well.

I used to make him the ricotta cups (probably not the correct name)-the recipe is in the cookbook. It's ricotta cheese, vanilla extract, splenda (or other sugar substitute) and the cocoa powder flavoring. They were really good, satisfied his sweet tooth, and are good for you.

I wish you, your husband, and your mom the best of luck. It's a tough diet, but if you can make it through, I think it will pay off!